Falsify the claim below and win a reward of US$ 1,000.
While interacting in day-to-day life, humans need to act or react to bodily processes and the happenings in the world, most of the times instantly, to provide themselves beneficial outcomes.
The Claim: Human consciousness is designed by the evolutionary process to allow data from such interactions that require power of making judgments to become available for making decisions, thereby benefiting from the capability of making free will decisions.
Consciousness: the condition of being conscious: the normal state of being awake and able to understand what is happening around you
merriam-webster.com; the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings
oxforddictionaries.com; the state of being conscious; awareness of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc.
Evolutionary process: The survival and reproduction aspects of the theory of evolution
Note - T&C:
- The challenge is limited to falsifying the claim mentioned above
- Alternate theory/model of consciousness will not be considered for the challenge
- Falsification of the claim mentioned above should be backed by sufficient amount of experimentation necessary to prove it wrong
- The claim is limited to consciousness in a normal, healthy brain
- Reward will only be given to the first furnished submission that falsifies the claim
- Submission email pjasani (at) gmail (dot) com - Subject: Challenge
DOS Model Explanation of Consciousness